Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Thank God!

I never felt like I belonged to anyone

Not since my father left 

I have always felt like the responsible one

The caretaker 

The one who should always try to be okay 

To be able to look after others , at least emotionally 


All changed when I met you

I fell in love 

You became my comfort zone, my hideaway 

I finally felt like I belong

That I have a shoulder to cry on

Someone to lean to

Share my happiness and my sadness with

Someone I am not afraid to show my dark sides 

And I know he will still be there when I wake up

He will never let me down


I feel like a part of a whole

Half a soul

That we are one, that he completes me and I complete him... 


My heart and soul leave me when he leaves

Nothing feels right without him

He is all I have got, and all I want

And I thank God every single day for this gift in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment